Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Roma Gypsy
Dr. Brian Show What is a gypsy? a group of people who share a common identity based on shared ancestry, culture, history, and language Ethnicity Culture a set of beliefs and concepts that are learned and shared among people or is an identifiable aspect of a population Comprised of 3 components 1) how one interacts with their family of origin
2) how one's family of origin interacts with the outside world
3) how the individual develops their own personality Provide a set of expectations for an individual as to how others will act toward them and how they behave toward others. Counter-theme The aspect that one goes against when differentiating from their own family Stereotype Sources Anderson, Stephen; Sabatelli, Robert. Family Interaction: A Multigenerational Development Perspective. 2010.
Furlong K. 2011. “Vanderbilt: Between two worlds.” <http://cristianagrigore.com/vanderbilt-between-two-worlds#more-409>
Hancock, Ian. We are the Romani people. 2002.
Voice of America. “For Roma Life in the US Has Challenges.” <http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/For-Roma-Life-in-US-Has-Challenges-119394819.html> an overgeneralized, misleading, and often oversimplified understanding of a certain type of person or group of people Ex. Roma Gypsies are stereotyped as being dishonest and untrustworthy, commonly thought of as thieves and beggars Ethnic Identity & Roma Gypsies LEAP:
and Practice Goal: to promote and facilitate youth access to non-formal education activities to increase employability Program started by Cristiana Grigore to help youth in Romania