Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Roma Gypsy
Dr. Brian Show What is a gypsy? a group of people who share a common identity based on shared ancestry, culture, history, and language Ethnicity Culture a set of beliefs and concepts that are learned and shared among people or is an identifiable aspect of a population Comprised of 3 components 1) how one interacts with their family of origin
2) how one's family of origin interacts with the outside world
3) how the individual develops their own personality Provide a set of expectations for an individual as to how others will act toward them and how they behave toward others. Counter-theme The aspect that one goes against when differentiating from their own family Stereotype Sources Anderson, Stephen; Sabatelli, Robert. Family Interaction: A Multigenerational Development Perspective. 2010.
Furlong K. 2011. “Vanderbilt: Between two worlds.” <http://cristianagrigore.com/vanderbilt-between-two-worlds#more-409>
Hancock, Ian. We are the Romani people. 2002.
Voice of America. “For Roma Life in the US Has Challenges.” <http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/For-Roma-Life-in-US-Has-Challenges-119394819.html> an overgeneralized, misleading, and often oversimplified understanding of a certain type of person or group of people Ex. Roma Gypsies are stereotyped as being dishonest and untrustworthy, commonly thought of as thieves and beggars Ethnic Identity & Roma Gypsies LEAP:
and Practice Goal: to promote and facilitate youth access to non-formal education activities to increase employability Program started by Cristiana Grigore to help youth in Romania