Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Dynamics
We use the Italian terms piano and forte to indicate soft and loud.
They are usually abbreviated p (piano) and f (forte). What are dynamics? We can also add the word mezzo (m) to p and f to create mp and mf .
Mezzo-piano (mp) = moderately soft.
Mezzo-forte (mf) = moderately loud. The mystery of "mezzo" "Piano" (soft) means this: Not this: And "forte" (loud) is a little something like this: More than one p or f indicates a softer or louder dynamic, such as pp or ff.
p= piano (soft)
pp= pianissimo (very soft)
f= forte (loud)
ff= fortissimo (very loud) PP and FF PP is like this: not like this: And FF is a little something like this... A progression of softest to loudest: In this case..... pp= very soft
mp= medium soft
mf= medium loud
ff= very loud