Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Nutrition
activity performance. Specific groups of people have varying nutritional requirements depending on age, gender, physical activity, pregnancy and weight management needs. It can be confusing to know what is good for you in terms of health nutrition. It is important for all people to have good nutrition and to eat healthy foods. The Government has developed recommended dietary guidelines for young people in Australia. Australian General Dietary Guidelines for
• Enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods
• Eat plenty of vegetables, legumes and fruits
• Eat plenty of wholegrain cereals, breads, rice, pasta and noodles
• Include lean meat, fish, poultry and or alternatives
• Include milks, yoghurts, cheese and or alternatives
• Drink plenty of water
• Limit saturated fat and moderate total fat intake
• Choose foods low in salt
• Consume only moderate amounts of sugars and foods containing added sugars
• Encourage and support breastfeeding of babies 1. Breads and Cereals 2. Fruits 3. Vegetables and Salad 4. Meat and protein products 5. Dairy Research how many serves a day of each food group someone your age should be consuming A calorie is a unit of energy. Often used to describe how much energy your body gets from eating or drinking a certain food or drink. kilojoules also measure energy but at a different conversino rate.
For example, distance can be measured in metres or feet. It can be quite confusing though as often food is measured in kilojoules and exercise in Calories. Calories and Kilojoules One Calorie = 4.184 kilojoules kilojoules and calories worksheet There are six food nutrients that the body
requires for optimal health, functioning and
also energy in some cases. 1. Carbohydrates
6. Water What do each of the following symbols mean? NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INFO SHEET FOOD DIARY WORKSHEET Greg is 14 years old and weighs 60 kgs.
He competes in triathlons and has a very heavy training schedule. Every week he completes over 18 hours of training.
-What is Greg's RDI?
-What are some specific nutritonal requirements that would apply to Greg? Search and assess the value, accuracy and reliability of the internet sites below which contain nutrional information related to physical activity.
Rank them in your order of preference for appropriateness to adolescents. www.nutrionaustralia.org
www.foodnut.com.au Design a basic nutrition plan for participation
in a 15km fun run. Provide a sample menu for
before, during and after the fun run. There are many nutritional products that are marketed as being beneficial for competition and training. Athletes will do anything legal to win and are therefore a vulnerable market. Some of these products are beneficial, however, there are many fads and fallacies. MARKETED NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS LIQUID MEALS
Carbohydrate liquid meal supplements can be useful for athletes who are having difficulty meeting high energy intake. They are quick to consume and digest easier. 1. Name an advertising campaign
you have seen that target nutritional products
such as diets, supplements etc?
2. How did they try to lure you to buy their product? Did it work?
3. Who do you think their target was? Why?
4. Does gender effect marketing of nutritional products? How? DR OZ TALKS ABOUT FAD DIETS
THAT DON'T WORK:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-diet-fads-dont-work-pt-1 NUTRITIONAL BARS
Useful snacks as they are quick to consume, full of energy and nutrients and easy to carry. Ensure that you check the food label. They should be high in complex carbohydrates and low in fat and simple sugars. SUPPLEMENTS
Supplements are usually vitamins and minerals. Many athletes believe that they will enhance their physical performance and take supplements to ensure that they have no nutritional deficiencies. Most people can get all of the nutrients they need from a healthy, well balanced diet. What are some common myths and fallacies about
physical activity and nutrition?
Research 2 myths or fallacies. NUTRITION, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND WEIGHT MANAGEMENT Nutrition and physical activity are
the two main contributing factors to
healthy weight management. The
combination of nutrition and physical activity in relation to weight management is referred to as energy balance.
If the correct energy balance is maintained, weight management becomes simple. If your energy intake is higher than your energy output
(If you eat more than you exercise), you will gain weight
If your energy intake is lower than your energy output (If you
eat less than what you exercise), you will lose weight.
If your energy intake is equal to your energy output you will
maintain your weight. -When wanting to achieve weight loss or gain, it is important to use the old fashioned method of nutrition and exercise. Many weight loss programs, pill and potions have immediate short term effects, however, can have negative effects on the body long term. Also, participants usually put the weight straight back on.
-Healthy weight loss and gain aims to 0.5kg-1kg per week Healthy Weight Loss and Gain Find an online newspaper article that describes a "new fad diet".
1. What is the diets name?
2. What does the diet claim to do and how?
3. What are the health consequences? From everything you have learnt,
create a "top ten tips for healthy weight management" list. The first one has been done for you... 1. Participate in physical activity for
one hour every single day. ADVERTISING TECHNIQUES USED
TO PROMOTE NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS