Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Need + Passive Infinitive and Need + Verb + -ing
Transcript of Need + Passive Infinitive and Need + Verb + -ing
We use NEED + PASSIVE INFINITIVE and NEED + VERB + -ING when we are talking about the things that should be done.
The passive infinitive is formed by adding TO BE + PAST PARTICIPLE.
The radio NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
The carpet NEEDS TO BE CLEANED.
The refrigerator NEEDS TO BE CHECKED.
NEED + PASSIVE INFINITIVE
We can also use the VERB + ING with need.
The batteries NEED CHANGING.
The radio NEEDS ADJUSTING.
The battery NEEDS RECHARGING.
NEED + VERB + -ING