Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF MIS
Transcript of Copy of FUNCTIONAL ASPECTS OF MIS
Financial Management Information
Marketing Management Information
Human Resource Management
Functional Aspects Of The MIS:
1. Financial Management Information Systems
2. Manufacturing Management Information Systems
3. Marketing Management Information Systems
4. Human Resource Management Information Systems
Financial MIS: Provides financial information not only for executives but also for a broader set of people who need to make better decisions on a daily basis.
Financial MIS Subsystems and Outputs:
- Profit/loss and cost systems
- Auditing: Internal and external auditing
- Uses and management of funds
Manufacturing MIS subsystems and outputs monitor and control the flow of materials, products, and services through the organization.
Manufacturing MIS Subsystems and Outputs:
– Design and engineering
– Master production scheduling and inventory control
– Process control
– Quality control and testing
Marketing MIS: Supports managerial activities in product development, distribution, pricing decisions, promotional effectiveness, and sales forecasting.
Subsystems for Manufacturing MIS include:
- Marketing research
– Product development
– Promotion and advertising
– Product pricing
- Sales analysis
Human Resource MIS: Concerned with activities related to employees and potential employees of an organization.
Outputs of Human Resource MIS include:
- Human resource planning
– Personnel selection and recruiting
– Training and skills inventory
– Scheduling and job placement
– Wage and salary administration
Other Management Information
• Accounting MIS
– Provides aggregate information on accounts
payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and many
• Geographic information system (GIS)
– Capable of assembling, storing, manipulating, and
displaying geographic information