Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Virus
What is a Computer Virus?
They are special programs that are designed to spread from one computer and another and to interfere with the computer operation.
Similarities between the Biological and Computer Virus
• Both are parasitic, instead of another cell, they need another program to exist and in which to reproduce.
• The infected the body is forced to replicate into several copies of the original virus.
• Specific viruses target their respective program types (EXE, COM, SYS, etc) they are designed to infect,. (specific viruses infect particular cell types)
• An infected program (cell) doesn’t necessarily show obvious signs of infections.
• A virus often releases some kind of ‘payload’ which can be fatal to the overall system.
when violence happens in a neighborhood, more violence is likely to happen in that area
so, violence catalyzes violence
when a virus infects a cell, the cell produces more viruses
this way, the propagation of viruses is similar to the spread of violence
worked as a disease-prevention 'officer' in multiple African countries
wanted to return to the United States because to him it did not have disease
violence in the USA (shootings)
violence spreads like a disease --> a virus
Nature of the Virus
The Virus and the Computer
The Virus and Violence
Exploration of the virus from 3 different viewpoints
Structure of Virus
How does the bird flu work?
What is a virus?
A virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms.
Viruses can infect all types of life forms, from animals and plants to microorganisms, including bacteria.
Unconnected things can have noteworthy similarities
Something inorganic can be similar to something organic
Spread through migratory paths of birds
There are two types of bird virus
- not fatal
Humans can get infected by direct contact with the bird, And of course birds get infected by contact with another birds. However, it is really rare for human to get infected by another human.
People get infected by inhaling the virus, and then the virus attacks our lungs.
Birds get infected by saliva, poop, and surface
- vaccination- for not infected people
- strong antibiotics- for infected people
Code Red Worm
More than 20 different
Total Number of Infected Hosts
Comes into different shapes and sizes
Contain 2 components (protein acid and nucleic acid)
No cellular structure
Take over the function of another cell
Carry on their own reproduction
Rate of Infected Hosts Per Minute
Nations with confirm cases
Human cases and deaths 2007
Around 10:00 UTC in the morning of July 19th, 2001 a random seed variant of the Code-Red worm began to infect hosts running unpatched versions of Microsoft’s IIS webserver. In less than 14 hours the Code-Red (CRv2) worm infected approximately 359,000 computers.
359,104 Hosts compromised in approx. 13 hours.
Rate of Infection