Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Mark Chagall
Mark Chagall was born on July 6th 1887
He died on March 26th 1985 at the age of 97
He was born in Belarus (right next to Russia)
His birth name was Moishe Segal and he was from a jewish family
Chagall was a Modernist
He used a lot of color
He would also turn his memories into paintings
Chagall would also take Jewish themes and combine them with his own style
He was also influenced a lot by the death of his wife in 1944
Chagall had a love for circuses when asked about it he said: "Why am I so touched by their makeup and grimaces? With them I can move toward new horizons... Chaplin seeks to do in film what I am trying to do in my paintings. He is perhaps the only artist today I could get along with without having to say a single word."
This shows that Chagall liked expressing himself with his artwork and also that he had a sense of humor.
Chagall lived from the end of the 18th century to the end of the 19th century
This meant he lived through many big events including both world wars
Chagall lived in France and Russia for most of his life but he was forced to escape to America during WW2
In America Chagall found out that he was internationally famous
Why Is He Significant Today?
Chagall is still famous today because his work is so beautiful and inspiring.
His work was not only beautiful but it was also contributed to modern art.
Some people call Chagall a "pioneer of modern art."
1. Mark Chagall was (choose all that apply):
a. An artist
b. A modernist
c. A ww2 enthusiast
2. Mark Chagall lived during:
a. 1700s to the 1800s
b. 1800s to the 1900s
c. 1900s to the 2000s
3. Mark Chagall was well known for:
a. His use of color
b. His use of clay
c. His lack of color
4. Mark Chagall was very happy about his fame: