Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Heart Disease
Any condition that reduces the strength or function of the heart and blood vessels
* High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
*Hardening of the arteries
13 Million people in the USA have heart disease
Half a million people a year die from this condition
Heart disease leads to 38% of all deaths in the US
Causes for Heart Disease
Heredity- runs in the family
Unhealthy eating habits
The cause of a heart attack is the heart does not get enough oxygen.
A heart attack occurs when the blood supply to the heart slows or stops and the heart muscle is damaged
Major Heart Problems
Hypertension- a disease in which the presure of the blood on the walls of the blood vessels stay at a level that is higher than normal.
Stroke- a serious condition that occurs when an artery of the brain breaks or becomes blocked.
High Cholesterol- cholesterol is a steroid that helps form vitamin D and helps us digest fats. Too much is no good!
How can we prevent heart disease?
Limit our cholesterol and trans fats
Maintain a healthy weight
Do not smoke