Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dot Matrix & Plotter
Transcript of Dot Matrix & Plotter
By ~ Zineb Nebdi - 9G1
Advantages of Dot Matrix printers
- Over most other printer types is that the paper is completely connected.
- Allows you to print long banners that span across several sheets of paper.
- Excellent for businesses doing high volumes of printing where high quality is not essential.
Dot-matrix printers were the first kind of computer printers that have been released for personal and business use. It works very much like a high-speed typewriter where the printer head strikes the printer ribbon to transfer the text onto the paper.
Where are Dot Matrix printers used?
Dot-matrix printers are now commonly used in retail stores and banks to print documents and receipts. Some ATM machines are still equipped with dot-matrix printers instead of the more modern thermal printers.
What does a Dot Matrix printer look like?
Where are Plotter printers used?
Plotters are commonly used in architecture and engineering fields.
Disadvantages of Dot Matrix printers
- Slow speed.
- Low-quality prints.
- Limited Features.
What are Plotter printers ?
A plotter is a type of printer used mainly in drafting and engineering printing. Plotters print lines with pens instead of using graphics like traditional printers.
Advantages of Plotter printers
- Work on large sheets, 2 or more feet of paper.
- High Quality.
- Can draw on include sheet steel, plywood, aluminum, plastic, cardboard and almost any flat sheet material.
- Accuracy & Speed.
- Can save all patterns and templates on disk.
Disadvantages of Plotter Printers
- Take up more space than regular printers.
- If you are working with limited space, you may have a difficult time finding the right location for your plotter.