Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Dot Matrix & Plotter
Transcript of Dot Matrix & Plotter
By ~ Zineb Nebdi - 9G1
Advantages of Dot Matrix printers
- Over most other printer types is that the paper is completely connected.
- Allows you to print long banners that span across several sheets of paper.
- Excellent for businesses doing high volumes of printing where high quality is not essential.
Dot-matrix printers were the first kind of computer printers that have been released for personal and business use. It works very much like a high-speed typewriter where the printer head strikes the printer ribbon to transfer the text onto the paper.
Where are Dot Matrix printers used?
Dot-matrix printers are now commonly used in retail stores and banks to print documents and receipts. Some ATM machines are still equipped with dot-matrix printers instead of the more modern thermal printers.
What does a Dot Matrix printer look like?
Where are Plotter printers used?
Plotters are commonly used in architecture and engineering fields.
Disadvantages of Dot Matrix printers
- Slow speed.
- Low-quality prints.
- Limited Features.
What are Plotter printers ?
A plotter is a type of printer used mainly in drafting and engineering printing. Plotters print lines with pens instead of using graphics like traditional printers.
Advantages of Plotter printers
- Work on large sheets, 2 or more feet of paper.
- High Quality.
- Can draw on include sheet steel, plywood, aluminum, plastic, cardboard and almost any flat sheet material.
- Accuracy & Speed.
- Can save all patterns and templates on disk.
Disadvantages of Plotter Printers
- Take up more space than regular printers.
- If you are working with limited space, you may have a difficult time finding the right location for your plotter.