Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Digital Storytelling
at the same time, help them to develop the skills they need to be successful in our complex,
your students to create digital stories is not just a ploy to keep them interested; digital storytelling has proven
that help prepare students for success in the 21st century'.
Why tell stories?
What tools are available?
A Primary -level example
Bringing our experiences and imagination to life
Fosters critical thinking skills
Encourages students to become better writers
Gives students a voice
Improves IT skills
Provides authentic language practice
A strong sense of ownership and individuality
-videos from Youtube
- own pictures
-staged pictures in the classroom
- add music to images to make the clip more emotive
- add sound effects to exaggerate/emphasise content
- Sts take it in turns to say parts of a presentation
- Sts narrate their own pictures to share an anecdote
- spoken (presentation, sales pitch, anecdote, poem, etc.)
- written (comics, pop-up books, postcards, newspaper, etc.)
- Parents can look at student work on Youtube
- sts can collaborate with other British Council schools and share their work
What makes storytelling digital?
“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman
“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
“Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen.”
― Willa Cather
“You can fix anything but a blank page.”
― Nora Roberts
“The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.”
― Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings
“To hell with facts! We need stories!”
― Ken Kesey
Why should we use stories in the classroom?
What are the benefits?
How does digital storytelling differ to the more traditional method?
Examples of successful storytelling in the classroom
What ICT tools are available? How easy are they to use and do they have any drawbacks?
What is a story?