Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rhetorical Speech - How to make one.
Transcript of Rhetorical Speech - How to make one.
writing and delivery
Your assignment OR mission is to learn how to write a
ONE MINUTE LONG
persuasive or rhetorical speech and deliver it in front of an audience.
Your mission must be accomplished by:
January TBA, 2015
TITLE : LEVEL 1 --- CHALLENGE 1
1. Go to the web site below (the link is live; if it doesn`t work just copy/paste.)
DRAW A MENTAL MAP
of what you learned in your Writing Portfolio
click on the link here for an
example speech text.
1. Visit this web site which will help with your speech.
When you are finished:
2. Write a short paragraph about what you learned.
50 - 75 words
KEEP CALM AND LEVEL UP
Rhetorical speech tools
Read these carefully:
MUST write ALL of them
under the title:
The same words begin successive sentences.
That never words were music to your ear
That never object pleasing to your eye...
Repeating an entire sentence or clause almost exactly.
In such a night did she leave me,
In such a night did she cry for him,
3. STRATEGIC PAUSES
When Mark Anthony asks the crowd to wait a minute while he collects his thoughts and gets his emotions under control.
“We need more funding for research. Right now for example, more than a quarter of a million people have a spinal injury.” Christopher Reeve, former Superman, 1996.
The use of exaggerated terms for the purpose of emphasis or heightened effect.
“I’ve told you a million times not to do that.”
“I’m so hungry I could eat a horse.”
“You could be Miss Universe.”
“You’re always doing that.”
“I’ve been waiting for hours to be served.”
6. RHETORICAL QUESTION
A question asked merely for effect with no answer expected.
“So what do we all think of that?”
A person’s account of an event or state of affairs.
Marc Anthony remembers when Caesar wore his cloak for the first time.
KEEP CALM AND LEVEL UP
Rhetorical Speech - How to write and deliver one.
In this level you will have the pleasure of watching some excellent movie speeches to inspire you.
1. If a speech inspires you, write down a few thoughts in YOUR Writing Portfolio. TITLE: IDEAS FOR MY SPEECH.
2. You may even start your speech as you watch the movie clips. :)
SPEND ONLY ONE CLASS WATCHING THE SPEECHES.
Please choose any of the following web sites:
LEVEL 4 - MAJOR CHALLENGE !!!!!!
This is when you will put all your knowledge to the test and write your speech.
about your topic
2. Use at
least 3 rhetorical tools
Read it out loud
to your team mates.
Remember that this is a competition!!!!
HELP EACH OTHER.
from your listener(s)
using any electronic device and watch it.
EDIT AND EDIT AND EDIT
until you are sick of it :)
Put it aside for a couple of days
and then go back to it with a fresh eye and mind.
Create cue cards
for yourself to use during your speech.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF THE TEXT OF YOU SPEECH FOR EVALUATION.
List of possible topics to choose from if you have no ideas:
1. Do schools have the right to search students lockers?
2. Is sex education important to healthy children?
3. Are beauty contests harmful?
4. Does bilingual education really work?
5. Should condoms be available in schools?
6. Should we have assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
POSSIBLE TOPICS CONTINUED...
7. Should human cloning be allowed?
8. Is home schooling good for a child?
9. Should we have virtual schools?
10. Should gay people have the right to marry?
11. Should we have gun control?
12. Books, famous people, movies, video games etc. are also acceptable. :)
I will circulate a piece of paper where you can write your choice of topic.
The topic must be approved by the Gamemaster.
KEEP CALM AND