Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rhetorical Speech - How to make one.
Transcript of Rhetorical Speech - How to make one.
writing and delivery
Your assignment OR mission is to learn how to write a
ONE MINUTE LONG
persuasive (or rhetorical) speech.
Your mission must be accomplished by:
January 31, 2017
Visit this web site which will help with your speech.
Write the 5 tips into your Writing Portfolio.
KEEP CALM AND LEVEL UP
Rhetorical speech tools
MUST write ALL of them
under the title:
The same words begin successive sentences.
That never words were music to your ear
That never object pleasing to your eye...
Repeating an entire sentence or clause almost exactly.
In such a night did she leave me,
In such a night did she cry for him,
3. STRATEGIC PAUSES
When Mark Anthony asks the crowd to wait a minute while he collects his thoughts and gets his emotions under control.
“We need more funding for research. Right now for example, more than a quarter of a million people have a spinal injury.” Christopher Reeve, former Superman, 1996. It's basically data.
The use of exaggerated terms for the purpose of emphasis or heightened effect.
“I’ve told you a million times not to do that.”
“I’m so hungry I could eat a horse.”
“You could be Miss Universe.”
“You’re always doing that.”
“I’ve been waiting for hours to be served.”
6. RHETORICAL QUESTION
A question asked merely for effect with no answer expected.
“So what do we all think of that?”
A person’s account of an event or state of affairs.
Marc Anthony remembers when Caesar wore his cloak for the first time.
Rhetorical Speech - How to write and deliver one.
Please choose any of the following web sites:
LEVEL 4 - MAJOR CHALLENGE !!!!!!
This is when you will put all your knowledge to the test and write your speech.
about your topic
2. Use at
least 3 rhetorical tools
Read it out loud
to your team mates.
HELP EACH OTHER.
4. Get feedback from your listener(s)
5. Record yourself using any electronic device and watch it.
6. Submit it on ChallengeU by January 31, MIDNIGHT
7. Create cue cards for yourself to use during your speech.
8. CHOOSE A BLANCK BACKROUND FOR YOUR RECORDING PLEASE.
List of possible topics to choose from if you have no ideas:
1. Do schools have the right to search students lockers?
2. Is sex education important to healthy children?
3. Are beauty contests harmful?
4. Does bilingual education really work?
5. Should condoms be available in schools?
6. Should we have assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
POSSIBLE TOPICS CONTINUED...
7. Should human cloning be allowed?
8. Is home schooling good for a child?
9. Should we have virtual schools?
10. Should gay people have the right to marry?
11. Should we have gun control?
12. Books, famous people, movies, video games etc. are also acceptable. :)
I will circulate a piece of paper where you can write your choice of topic.
The topic must be approved by the Gamemaster.
Watch some of these clips
to help you get inspired