Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Assemblage Art
2D or 3D
" made up of performed natural or manufactured materials, objects,
or fragments not intended to be art materials" - William C. Seitz
- curator of "The ART of Assemblage" exhibition featured at the NY Museum of Modern Art in 1961 Origin Marcel Duchamp Pablo Picasso Vladimir Tatlin- "counter reliefs" 1910s Maquette for the cover of the journal "Minotaure" 1933 Joseph Cornell
Untitled (Bébé Marie)
1940s Andre Breton Poem-Object 1941 Materials: Carved wood bust of man, oil lantern, framed photograph, toy boxing gloves, and paper Daniel Spoerri Kichka's Breakfast I
1960 materials: Wood chair hung on wall with board across seat, coffeepot, tumbler, china, eggcups, eggshells, cigarette butts, spoons, tin cans, and other materials Robert Rauchenberg
First Landing Jump
1961 materials: Cloth, metal, leather, electric fixture, cable, and oil paint on composition board, with automobile tire and wood plank Louise Nevelson Royal Tide I, 1960 Dawn's Wedding Chapel IV,
from Dawn's Wedding Feast,
1959-60 Sky Cathedral
1958 Frank Turek
"Boxed Assemblage" Lonely Man 2007 States of... (2007) Desultory Imaginings (2005) Canticle (2008) Jason Mecier Stuart Haygarth Zac Freeman aka: found art, recycled art, collage, and ready-made art Tom Deininger http://www.tomdeiningerart.com/selfportait1.html The origin of the word can be traced back to the early 1950s, when Jean Dubuffet created a series of collages of butterfly wings, which he titled assemblages d'empreintes. re-imagining waste into lighting design Sarah-Jane van der Westhuizen old car parts, recycled metal pieces, Mario Caicedo Langer Claude Monet- Water Lilies http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/12/non-trashy-recycled-and-trash-art/ Charles Kaufman- cans Recycled Art