Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Natural Paints
Better for the environment
Ingredinents are easy to find OIL FLOUR CASEIN WARNING!
HARMFUL TO HEALTH
VOCS SYNTHETICS SUCK! $$ Natural Paints CONS PROS there are disavantages to natural paints as well Expensive
Challenging to work with
Time consuming Tempura Egg Paint You can make your own safe & sustainable natural paints from, local, raw, plant- or mineral-based ingredients DIY Flour Paint EGG Create BEAUTIFUL
Subltle Colors Natural Mineral Paint 1870 Milk Paint Formula
1 Quart skim milk (room temperature)
1 Ounce of hydrated lime by weight
1 to 2 1/2 pounds of chalk may also be added as a filler.
Stir in enough skim milk to hydrated lime to make a cream.
Add balance of skim milk.
Now add sufficient amount of powder pigment to desired color and consistency (Pigment powder must be lime proof).
Stir well for a few minutes before using.
For best results continue to stir throughout use.
Apply milk paint with a cheap natural bristle brush.
Allow project to dry sufficiently before applying next coat. Extra paint may be kept for several days in the refrigerator, until the milk sours. WATER