Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 Themes of Geography
Transcript of 5 Themes of Geography
Video from Youtube.com by mister epic man.
5 Themes of Geography
New York City is a region with these five things.
1. The temperature varies from season to season. Winters have snow storms and summers can be humid.
2. It is on the East Coast and is close to Rhode Island..
3. It has many diverse religions from all parts of the world..
4. The official language is English but many immigrants, tourists and others speak their native languages.On the streets, you can hear almost every language spoken.
5. At one time it was one of the largest cities in the world, it is now listed as the 21st.
Here are 3 examples of how people communicate in New York
1. You can use your cell.
2. You can talk to other people (if you speak their language).
3. You can also honk your car horn. That is the official language of the city!
Here are 4 ways people get around in New York:
1. Taxis (not the most convenient)
2. The subway. Grand Central Station connects all the burrows of New York City.
3. Pay to get in a carriage biked by people
4. Walk (most people walk)
By: Adam Salhi
Here are the things like to do in and outside of buildings of New York City
Inside, you can look at the world's masterpieces at museums like the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).
Outside, you can buy any thing from hot dogs to felafel from street vendors and food trucks.
Have I changed the environment in New York City?
Yes and No
Yes I fed the pigeons which helped the environment because there "dropping" became fertilizer, which helped trees grow, which in turn helped clean the air. And No because we flew receipt paper airplanes of the empire state building.
Have I adapted to the environment there? No because I didn't want to walk or wait in long lines at all the monuments we visited.
New York City
There are many things that make this place unique. It is one of the most populated cities in the world, full of people from all over. It has some of the most famous landmarks known to man. such as: the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building and Times Square.
Now time for video.
One of my favorite places to go is New York City. It is 80 miles from Philadelphia Pennsylvania, 204 miles from Washington D.C. and 2465 miles from Twin Falls
Statue of Liberty
Empire State Building
crowd in times square
Grand Central Station
"feeding the birds"
The coordinates of New York City are 40.6700 N and 73.9400 W.