Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Project Proposal
What's wrong with the Anacostia River?
What is a riparian area?
What are the causes and consequences of their degradation?
What have our constituents said?
Causes of Degradation
High bacteria counts
Synthetic chemicals and their ramifications
Teaching the Anacostia Boys and Girls Club
- Pre-planting activities and crafts
- Actively participating in planting
- Involvement in the video and community event.
Pre-Planting Activity Lesson Plan
-Basic river ecology
- Effects of pollution in the Anacostia and root causes
- Potential solutions including riparian restoration
Restoration of Pope Branch
: It's Your River Community Outreach event
: The Benning Boys and Girls Club/Anacostia Community Museum
: Saturday April, 26th
: Open to the Public
: Fun-filled family event to bring together the community and gain knowlege of the Anacostia River and current restoration efforts.
Active Campaign- word of mouth, flyers, and verbal announcements in community centers/churches
Online campaign- #itsyourriver (Facebook, Twitter) specifically utilizing the kids' preexisting networks
Heads of non-profit organizations
Residents of Anacostia
February/ March 2014
2. Contact organizations
1. Begin advertising
2. Finish fundraising
3. Secure the materials needed for our project
1. Phase one of our project-
April 1, 8, 15
2. Phase two-
3. Phase three-
Repair the Ripair!
Working with children on site
Divide into groups
Holes previously dug
Place tree in hole
Cover with dirt
It's Your River
Kid Friendly Activities
Why are we the right group for the job?