Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
1950's Chicago Neighborhoods
Transcript of 1950's Chicago Neighborhoods
southern blacks moved into
Chicago. Whites started to move into the suburbs
of Chicago. There were a lot of Irish people
in Chicago. The Irish neighborhoods were on the south side near the "black yards" area. Industrial town Mostly blacks lived in the South. Chicago became the most segregated city in
America. The south side of Chicago was the capital
of black America. Where Chicago is Located It is located in the Northeast of the U.s. under lake Michigan. What the neighborhoods looked like Most of the people in Chicago lived in apartments. Neighbors were friendly towards each other but when it came to outsiders they were very unfriendly. Had 37 long distant railroad lines operated by 21 independent railroad companies. Helped formed boundaries of neighborhoods Railroads This created many jobs for the neighborhoods