Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PHASE CHANGE MATERIALS
Transcript of PHASE CHANGE MATERIALS
- What is PCM and how does it works ?
- What is thermal regulation ?
- How to proceed to put PCMs into fabrics?
- PCMs as a Business opportunity Definition Phase Change Materials Background 1980's NASA decided to find solutions for astronauts against temperature fluctuations in space.
First PCMs for textile were developped PCMs only phase change used for PCMs is the solid–liquid change. from −5 up to 190°C. • Thermodynamic properties.
• Kinetic properties
• Chemical properties
• Economic properties Selection criteria Differents type of PCMs Organic PCMs Paraffin (CnH2n+2) and fatty acids (CH3(CH2)2nCOOH)
• Disadvantages Parrafin Fatty acids Inorganic PCMs Salt hydrates (MnH2O)
They are inorganic salt crystals with n-water molecules.
• Disadvantages Others (Micro)Encapsulation Manufacturing Techniques Definition Integrate Microcapsules Conclusion • Technology :
Apply microcapsule to fabric, fiber, and foam.
• Function :
Continue absorbing, storing, and releasing heat repeatedly according to the change of temperature.
• Effect :
Feel comfortable and pleasant by wearing PCMs products. Market for PCMs applications Challenges for PCMs Applications Textile area: The global PCM market is expected to grow from $300.8 million in 2009 to $1,488.1 million in 2015.
Construction area: increasing demand for cooling buildings. Technology, testing methods
The durability and functionality of textile Space
Shoes and accesories
Others Definition Process Examples Fiber technology Coatings Lamination Thermal comfort PCMs are encapsulated in small spheres
PCMs work when surrounding temperature changes
PCMs is the source for comfort to wear Satisfaction with the thermal environment
Human being's temperature Eutectics Absorb, Store, Release PCM with textile