Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

No description
by

S. W.

on 16 March 2015

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

Literary Devices
James Patterson uses several literary devices throughout the book like Flashback and foreshadowing. I feel like the author did a great job using literary devices in the book and it helped make the book more interesting to read.
What I Thought
Theme
Staying close to your family is one of the main themes in Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. Even though Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel are not really related (except for the Gasman and Angel who are brother and sister) they have all come together to form a family unit. They watch out for each other, they all have special abilities that help so without one the rest would it be complete and would not make it far on their journey.
Point of View
This book was written in first person point of view from the eyes of Maximum ‘Max’ Ride. I think this was a really good choice on the author’s part because Max is the main character and she is the leader in the flock and makes all of the decisions- “Iggy. This is not a democracy. It's a Maxocracy. You know we have to go after Angel. You can't be thinking that we would just let them take her. The six of us look out for each other—no matter what. None of us is ever going to live in a cage again, not while I'm alive. ” – she is the leader and the story follows her and the flock so it would be easier for the reader to understand the Voice in her head and their past and present situations.
Plot
The first book in the series by James Patterson gives an overview of the Flock: Max (the leader), Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel. These children, ages 6 through 14, are far from normal. They are only 98% human, while the other 2% is avian, giving them wings and making a few modification to their stamina, strength, and also some special unique qualities that are given to the different member such as the way Angel can read minds and the Gasman can mimic people perfectly. This book covers some of the back story of the flock, explaining how they ended up on their own in their remote mountain home. It also covered the antagonistic half-wolf, half-human creatures known as Erasers. The youngest flock member, Angel, is abducted by these wolf men and taken back to "The School", the lab where they were genetically altered and raised in cages. Max and the remaining Flock leave their home in an attempt to rescue Angel, but are also captured and placed in dog crates similar to the ones they were raised in. While captured, Angel learns about "The Institute", a place in New York City that may hold some secrets to their past. After the flock escapes to New York, Max begins hearing a voice inside her head. Unsure of whether the voice is a friend or foe, Max decides to follow its cryptic instruction. The voice leads Max and the flock to The Institute, where they find a lab similar to The School and information on their unknown parents. The book ends with the flock beginning their journey to Washington D.C., in search of their parents.
Maximum Ride:
The Angel Experiment

Max explains how the family came together in the beginning of the book. -"The six of us—me, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel—were made on purpose, by the sickest, most horrible 'scientists' you could possibly imagine."
I really liked Maximum Ride, it was one of the best books that I have ever read. It was written really well and made what is impossible very believable. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good book to read. It has a lot of action, adventure, a little romance, mystery, and it’s also funny. In all it is a great book and wouldn’t mind reading it again.
By James Patterson
Max
Fang
Iggy
Nudge
Angel
The Gasman (Gazzy)
Congratulations. The fact that you're reading this means you've taken one giant step closer to surviving till your next birthday. Yes,
you
, standing there leafing through these pages.
Do not put this book down.
I'm dead serious-your life could depend on it.
The author uses flashback in the beginning of the book when Max remembers when the Flock's friend Jeb helped then escape from The School and took care of them when they were younger.
Full transcript