Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
5 World Religions Project
Transcript of 5 World Religions Project
* Christians believe that God created the unseen and the seen. He created all the people, the world, the universe. Basically EVERYTHING! Because of him we are alive.
* Jesus is the son of God and that he is one with God.
* Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit of God and born from Virgin Mary.
* Jesus suffered and was crucified.
* He was buried in a tomb that was owned by a man named Joseph of Arimathea, who was a follower of Jesus.
* Jesus rose again from the dead, which means he died and was brought back to life again. This is called the Resurrection.
* Jesus ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father.
* Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead.
* ANYONE can receive salvation in the name of Jesus Christ.
* People are saved and forgiven if they confess their sins and their belief of the resurrection of Jesus. Christianity The 5 Major World Religions Traditions Christian * Baptism
* Sunday Services
* Bible Study
* Evangelism and Missions
Catholic and Orthodox * Mass
* Last Rites
* Canonization and Veneration of * Saints
* Devotion to Mary
* Praying the Rosary
* Stations of the Cross
* Ordination to Religious Orders
* Monastic Life
* Holy Water
Protestant Rituals * The Altar Call (Evangelical)
* Speaking in Tongues (Pentecostal)
* Spirit-Led Worship (Quaker) News Report A student was killed yesterday at a small North Carolina Christian university. Jonathan Schipper was fatally shot in a dorm room at Mid-Atlantic Christian University. Police say the suspected shooter later surrendered. The Elizabeth City school was formerly known as Roanoke Bible College.
Citation: http://christiannewsreport.blogspot.com/2010/10/shooting-at-christian-school.html Monday, October 4, 2010
Shooting at Christian School Historical Events Christianity started around 30 A.D.
and is based on the teachings and life of Jesus Christ. Read this! The Bible is the world's best-selling book. Islam Major
Location Islam started or was
founded in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. This is a map
of Saudi Arabia. Beliefs Muslims (people of the religion of Islam) believe
* God (Allah)- the Creator which has no partners
and only he should be worshipped.
* Angels- who were created by Allah to serve and
* Prophets and Messengers- Muhammad was the last one.
* Scriptures- the Qur’an, the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel.
* The Day of Judgement and Afterlife
* Divine Decree Traditions * Muslim festivals are all centered around the events in the life of Prophet Mohammed.
* Eid Al Fitr is the first main holiday celebrated by Muslims.
* Eid Ul Adha is also celebrated.
* Depending on where a Muslim is from, Muslims have different traditions that are unique to their culture. News Report
Militants Kill Christian Teenagers
for reading Bible Two Christian teenagers who were identified
as Arifa, 17, and Akthar, 19, were killed by Islamic
militants becuase they were reading the Bible
in the disputed Kashmir valley. "The girls were
believers and used to read the Bible in underground
ministries." said the local missionary. She also said
that the girls were shot dead and brutally murdered.
Local police reported seeing two dead bodies near
the girls' home and the militants were the one to blame.
Citation: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/25691/militants-kill-christian-teenagers-for-reading-bible-missionary-says The Qu'ran Read This! The name “Muhammad” (Also spelled in different ways) is the most common name in the world! (Mono) (Mono) What they read is.... Historical Events In the late 900s,
West Africa begins
to convert to Islam. What they read is.... Judaism Major
Location Judaism started in Yavne, Palestine. (Mono) This is a map of Israel. What they read is.... The Torah Beliefs * God exists.
* God is one and unique.
* God is incorporeal.
* God is eternal.
* Prayer is to be directed to God alone and to no other.
* The words of the prophets are true.
* Moses' prophecies are true, and Moses was the greatest of the prophets.
* The Written Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) and Oral Torah (teachings now contained in the Talmud and other writings) were given to Moses.
* There will be no other Torah
* God knows the thoughts and deeds of men.
* God will reward the good and punish the wicked.
* The Messiah will come.
* The dead will be resurrected.
Citation:http://www.jewfaq.org/beliefs.htm Traditions * Bar/Bat Mitzvah
* Baby-Naming Ceremonies
Historical Events In 516 BCE, a Massive new temple completed by the Persians after thousands of man years of labour as a gift for the Israelites and Jerusalem. Read This! If you do not support Jews or Israel, or if you like Arabs, then you are a terrorist.
News Report Five middle school students have been suspended after coming up with "Hit a Jew Day" for spirit week at their middle school. The activities turned ugly after "Hug a Friend Day" and "High Five Day."
October 24, 2008 Buddhism (Mono) Major World Location Buddhism started in Northeastern India. This a map of Northeastern India. What they read is.... The Holy Bible The Pali Canon
or the Tripitaka Beliefs They believe .... * Buddha is there only Master.
*In refuge in the Buddha, the Dhamma and the Sangha.
* This world is not created and ruled by a God.
* The purpose of life is to develop empathy for all living beings without prejudice and to work for their good, happiness, and peace. Last but not the least; we need acquire acumen that will lead to the realization of Ultimate Truth.
* And accept the Four Noble Truths of Buddhism. Traditions * Buddha's birthday
* Buddha's enlightenment
* Lunar quarters
* Prayer Wheels
* Veneration of Buddhas and Deities Historical Events In 405 BCE, was the death of Buddha. Read This! Buddhists do not believe in anything that is supernatural. News Report Two undertakers who were hired by a group of abortion clinics and had stashed the remains of aborted babies in a temple. The bodies have been uncovered in the temples 3 mortuary rooms.
Colonel Sombat Milintajinda, area commander of Bangkok Metropolitan Police, said "A total of 1654 fetuses were found today in two rooms," saying also that some had been stored there for more than a year.
Citation: http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=86418 Hinduism (Poly) Major World Location Hinduism started in India. Beliefs * There is a part of Brahman in everyone and this is called the Atman.
* In existence of this cycle is governed by Karma.
* The soul passes through a cycle of successive lives and its next incarnation is always dependent on how the previous life was lived. What they read is....
Upanishads, Vedas, Puranas, Vedantas, Itihasas, Vedangas, Upavedas, Bhagavad Gita
Other books : depends on the Hindu. Well, Hindus don't really have a holy book, but holy books.
These are the holy books: This is a map of India. The Vedas .... and other books. Traditions * Worship
* Rites of Passage
* Dharma Historical Events In 405 BCE, was Buddha's death. Read This! Hindus think cows are sacred. News Report Two undertakers were hired by a group of abortion clinics and had stashed the remains of aborted babies in a temple. The bodies have been uncovered in the temple´s 3 mortuary rooms.
"A total of 1654 fetuses were found today in two rooms," saying also that some had been stored there for more than a year.
November 20, 2010 Thank you to all who watched this! THE END! and the Old Testament. * All accustomed things (samskaara) are transient (anitya) and dukkha and all conditioned and unconditioned things (dharma) are without self (anaatma).
* The Thirty-seven qualities helpful in Enlightenment are different aspects of the path taught by the Buddha.
* There are three ways of attaining Enlightenment, namely as a Disciple, as a Pratyeka-Buddha and as a Samyak-sam-Buddha. The life of a Bodhisattva, who is striving to become a Samyak-sam-Buddha, is the highest, noblest and the most heroic.
* The different Buddhist beliefs, practices, rites and ceremonies, customs and habits followed in different countries should not be confused with the essential teachings of Buddha.
Citation: http://www.buddhist-temples.com/buddhism-facts/buddhist-belief.html CONTINUED .... By: