Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ
Transcript of PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ
Because we love science
-This experiment is about using two types of liquid, salt water and vinegar.
-We are watching which alka seltzer tablet dissolves faster out of these two liquids.
What factors will make an Alka-Seltzer tablet dissolve faster?
If I put Alka-Seltzer tablet in vinegar, the alka-seltzer tablet will dissolve faster than in salt water because of acid.
WHAT IS THIS ABOUT???
Vinegar dissolved faster than salt water by 17 seconds.
1. Fill one beaker with 100 mL of salt water.
2. Fill the other beaker with 100 mL of Vinegar.
3. Drop the alka seltzer tablet into the salt water and record the time.
4. Once you recorded the time for salt water,
5. Drop the other alka seltzer tablet into the vinegar and record the time.
Salt water: 1 minute 20 sec
Vinegar: 1 minute 3 seconds
Picture of vinegar: Sean MacEntee
Picture of alka seltzer:
"Nifty Cleaning Tips Using Alka Seltzer | Aqualux Carpet Cleaning." Aqualux Carpet Cleaning RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Sept. 2013. <http://www.aqualuxcarpetcleaning.com/tips/nifty-cleaning-tips-using-alka-seltzer/>.
My hypothesis was the alka-seltzer tablet would dissolve faster in vinegar. It was proven by my test data, Vinegar proved to dissolve alka-seltzer faster than salt water. However, there might be procedure error in my experiment since my friends got different data which was salt water dissolved the alka-seltzer tablet faster. If I can, I'd liked to repeat the experiment to make clear of my experiment data.