Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Convergent Evolution
This is Convergent Evolution. •Unrelated organisms independently evolve similar traits.
•Adapt to similar environments or ecological niches. Sometimes competing for the same niche in the same environment.
Sometimes filling the same niche
in different environments. Is this a wolf? A tiger? A hyena? None of the above.
This is the Thylacine, AKA Tasmanian Tiger.
• Now extinct.
•Related to koalas and kangaroos. Echidna Porcupine Hedgehog Wild Boar Tapir Dolphin (Mammal) & Shark (Fish) Tasmanian Devil
(placental) Unrelated animals in different parts
of the world, that look and act alike.
This is convergent evolution. Penguins
Southern Hemisphere Puffins