Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Dangerous Water Pollutants
Transcript of Dangerous Water Pollutants
are any substances that pollute the water
is a heavy, silver-white, highly toxic metallic element.
acts as NEUROTOXIN
may cause blindness, paralysis, brain damage, and even death.
also known as "Chisso-Minamata disease"
is a neurological syndrome caused by severe mercury poisoning.
Symptoms: ataxia, numbness in the hands and feet, general muscle weakness, narrowing of the field of vision, and damage to hearing and speech. In extreme cases, insanity, paralysis, coma, and death follow within weeks of the onset of symptoms
caused by cadmium poisoning due to mining in Toyama Prefecture, Japan
Symptoms: weak and brittle bones, spinal and leg pain, coughing, anemia, and kidney failure
is a surfactant or a mixture of surfactants with "cleaning properties in dilute solutions."
contain phosphorus, which stimulates algae growth
is a water-carried waste that is intended to be removed from a community
also known as "wastewater"
is the worst water pollutant
Typical Water Pollutants from Some Industries
Soaps and detergents
2. Food Products
Canned and frozen fruits and vegetables
Meat and poultry
4. Iron and Steel
5. Leather Tanning
6. Metal Plating and Finishing
9. Pulp and Paper
10. Rubber (natural, synthetic, and reclaimed)