Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
K-Mart Corporate Scandal
Transcript of K-Mart Corporate Scandal
the third largest discount store chain.
Ahead of them was Wal Mart and Target,
until their bankruptcy in 2002. The former chairman Chuck Conaway and president Mark Schwartz were spending money from the company. The company filed for Chapter 11 on January 22, 2002. The same day, Conaway admitted he was to blame for the fallout of the company. Reason for Bankruptcy Company History Stakeholders Affected by the Scandal Shareholders
Environment was unaffected. KMart's Road to Recovery 15 months after filing for Chapter 11, KMart emerged from bankruptcy in October of 2003. They company closed over 600 stores and thousands of jobs were lost. The company is now under new leadership, and had gotten a 2 billion dollar loan to compete against their competitors.
In November of 2004, KMart merged with Sears for 11 billion dollars. Jamie Teplica