Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Maximising community engagement utilising the 'Edge Effect'
Transcript of Maximising community engagement utilising the 'Edge Effect'
'Edge Effect' 2x the contact. Community Main identity
meeting of 60 Sub Groups The Communities
meets society Woodland Meets Grassland L L L L L L Leadership Group Representative
Leadership (formalised) Edges of natural systems are the most productive and diverse places. Often with 50% increase in productivity. In sustainable design systems like Permaculture, this is dubbed the 'edge effect' and is strategically utilised to design systems. This 'edge' of community and society also experiences the effect. How do you increase 'edge' in a community? Dispersed
Autonomy = Formal Leadership
Unnecessary Autonomous groups
cooperate relationally Autonomous group
Tight group identity
Closer contact with society