Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Muckrakers
Muckrakers exposed the faults in society
Immigrants came to the United States for the same reasons the English did
1950-1900s time of industrialization
a lot of imagination
a lot of sick
"How the Other Half Lives"
By Jacob Riis
Books and pictures that reveal poverty
Symbolizes the goal of the muckrakers
Expressed thoughts mainly through print
September 20, 1878
Over 90 books
Influenced Theodore Roosevelt
Pure Food and Drug Act
Standard Oil. Co
Socialist/muckraker due to impoverished beginnings
"Production for use" socialism, conflicted
1943 Pulitzer prize
Other influential/historical books
Died November 25, 1968
The Chautauquan, a monthly magazine
unfair work hours
unsafe working place
poor people life
Public needed to address issue
Women more educated
Impact of Immigration