Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Egypt
"Gift of the Nile"
Flooded on predictable schedule
Great for agriculture
Book of the Dead
Writing in Egypt
Unification of Egypt
Menes unifies Upper & Lower Egypt
Pharaoh's power reestablished - end of the Old Kingdom many regions became so powerful they could ignore the pharaohs.
Hyksos Conquer Middle Kingdom
Expel Hyksos - return to power
Conquer lands - period of Egyptian imperialism led by Tuthmosis III
Declined between 1085-525 BCE when neighboring areas became more powerful and age of pharaohs ended.
Horse riding nomads, adopted chariots from Hittites and used bronze weaponry.
Writing a Direct Comparison
While Egyptian civilization ________, Mesopotamian civilization __________.
Mesopotamian culture was very patriarchal as was the Egyptian society despite the exception of Hatshepsut's rule.
Greek for "popular"
simplified, cursive form of hieroglyphics used by priests