Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SEXUALITY AND INTEGRITY
Transcript of SEXUALITY AND INTEGRITY
Notion of Sex and Sexuality MEANING OF SEX TO INDIVIDUAL How can we fully develop our own sexual attitudes and values? Christian teachings about Sexuality Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-10) When God created humans in the image of Himself, He created them male and female. He said to them and blesses them: “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and conquer it… God saw all the He made, and indeed it was very good”
(Gen. 1:27-28). Sexuality is the basic part of our existence and is not to be considered inherently evil. It is a positive and integral part of our personality. The nature or purpose of human sexuality as a gift from God manifest in four dimensions or levels Pleasure and satisfaction
Procreation and multiplication
Expression of love and commitment Expression of friendship and companionship
The private aspect of human sexual activity is only completed or consummated within the context of marital relationship in which Christ is the center. The four dimensions or levels of human sexuality must be emphasized and reflected as a sexual expression ONLY within the context of MARRIAGE Since marriage is a part of the very plan of God in creation, sexual expression OUTSIDE the marital act is considered SINFUL and to be CONDEMNED.
“ ..Traditional Filipino sex attitudes are conservative and strict. Sex is something unmentionable, not to be discussed in public and seldom between children and their parents, between the young and their elders. Premarital or extramarital sex is taboo, although it is clandestinely practiced.”
(Floretino T. Timbreza – Bioethics and Moral Decisions)
we cannot ignore the fact that contemporary filipinos' fascination with sex movies "A person's whole being is revealed in the life of sex"
(Van Kaan, 1967) "AKO AY TAO LAMANG" Sexual meaning permeates our bodily presence to one another and make us more aware of our individual existence. Sexual meaning means a call, a meaningful invitation to be with the other.
(Luijpen, 1960) “The mutual experience of each other’s worth is revealed in the humanizing value of sexual love.”
(Florentino T. Timbreza) Even Thiroux claims that most of the research conducted by psychologist revealed that: 1. Sexuality as it is practiced did not and does not adhere to the general societal moral pronouncements and laws. 2. Sexuality is very limited and sexual relationships are often unsatisfying because people's upbringing have been strongly influenced by the taboos set up and generally sanctioned by society against meaningful sexual relations. 3. Sexuality is extremely important to human living and specially to human relationship Activities that are generally considered as against public interest: RAPE
UNNATURAL OR PERVERTED SEXUAL ACTS Sexual responsibility implies justice, for there can be no love without justice, and no justice with without love. Human sexuality is Humanizing if it always points to personhood to help the other realize his/her selfhood, to really become himself/herself.
Sexuality cannot and may not become purely the means to private satisfaction of this instinct nor a sort of easily available drug. Instead, sexuality sets a goal beyond oneself We need to formulate a standard or a value system on which we base our sexual attitudes.
We need to determine the firmness or resoluteness of our values and to govern our own attitudes.
1. We can get overly zealous with pleasing our partner and therefore take too much responsibility for his/her sexual gratification 2. We can become so involved with our own pleasures that we no longer concern ourselves with our partner’s feelings or needs. Christian doctrines teach us that sexual intercourse and all acts leading directly to it form a unique expression of human intimacy in that intercourse expresses a total gift of self and the possibility of creating new life. These acts are morally good ONLY within the context of MARRIAGE. Two extremes regarding SEX: Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
(1 Corinthians 6:18-19) Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
(1 Corinthians 7:9)