Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Dwight Eisenhower and Francisco Franco
Transcript of Dwight Eisenhower and Francisco Franco
-Died- March 28, 1969
-Served as President from January 20, 1953 – January 20, 1961
-Educated at United States Military Academy for four years
-Nicknames- Ike, Little Ike, Kansas Cyclone, General Ike, and Duckpin
-Raised in Kansas
-He sponsored and signed the civil rights bill of 1957
-He sponsored and signed the federal aid highway act of 1956
-He balanced the budget three times
-During World War II Dwight Eisenhower was Supreme Commander of the allied forces
• Distinguished Service Medal-Army (with Oak Leaf Clusters)
• Distinguished Service Medal (October 7, 1922)
• 1st OLC (September 7, 1943)
• 2nd OLC (July 13, 1945)
• 3rd OLC (February 7, 1948)
• 4th OLC (June 2, 1952)
• Distinguished Service Medal-Navy (June 25, 1947)
• Legion of Merit, Legionnaire Class (November 25, 1943)
• Mexican Border Service Medal (July 9, 1918)
• Victory Medal, WWI (April 9, 1919)
• American Defense Service Medal (April 2, 1947)
• European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with 9 stars (July 22, 1947)
• Victory Medal, WWII (April 2, 1947)
• Army of Occupation Medal-Germany (April 2, 1947) Dwight Eisenhower- Francisco Franco - -Born- December 4, 1892
-Died- November 20, 1975 in Madrid
-Nicknames- Franquito and Frankie Boy
-He gave Spain stability, safety, and peace
-Education- Toledo Infantry Academy
-Chief of the General staff was his ranking
Dwight Eisenhower -General George C. Marshall was a big part of Eisenhower's military career. Dwight Eisenhower's Career- -Marshall appointed Eisenhower as the Supreme Commander of the European Theater.
-In June, 1944 Eisenhower oversaw the D-Day invasion
-In November, 1942 Eisenhower commanded the allied forces landing in North Africa.
-Planned the Normandy campaign
Dwight Eisenhower's Highest Rank Achieved- Supreme Commander of NATO -Francisco Franco became a general at the age of 32
-Became the youngest captain in the Spanish army
-In 1920 he was appointed as second in command of the Spanish Foreign Legion and in 1923 he gained full command
-Promoted to bragadier-general in 1926
-Became director of General Military Academy in Zaragoza in 1928
-Promoted to major-general in 1934
-In 1935 he becomes Army's chief-of-staff
Highlights of Military Career- Accomplishments- -Youngest captain in Spanish army
-Always increased his rank in the army and government