Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Skeletal system, Health
Transcript of Skeletal system, Health
and Seth Stump Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a disease of the bones. It happens when you lose too much bone, make too little bone or both. When your you do not have enough calcium in your bloodstream your body attempts to pull calcium out of your bones which weakens them. As a result, bones become weak and can break from a minor fall or, in serious cases, from a simple action such as a sneeze or bumping into furniture. This happens when your bones do not acquire enough nutrients to make more bones, or to support them. This can be avoided by drinking milk instead of pop and taking calcium vitamins. Works cited http://www.nof.org/ http://kidshealth.org http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/rob3000/rob30001209/rob3000120900041/15472526-osteoporosis.jpg http://danceguadagno.wikispaces.com/file/view/Skeletal_System.gif/241145923/Skeletal_System.gif http://www.healingfeet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Osteoporosis-bone-density-graphic.jpg http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f0noas-ppVU/Th2q_wGCf1I/AAAAAAAAAFU/KRr7yuJGg90/s1600/osteoporosis.jpg http://www.daijiworld.com/images1/osteo_191011-1.jpg To prevent injury to the Skeletal System, make sure to get a lot of physical activity especially jumping and running. Also eating foods and drinking liquids rich in calcium and vitamin D help your bones grow. Examples of food that fall in this category include milk, broccoli, and orange juice. Wearing safety helmets, pads, and the right protective gear for your activity or sport will help protect you from injury. Staying active outdoors, especially with exercises that improve strength and flexibility will help your body to be better prepared for an accident that could cause injury. How to care for your system 1) Although bones are strong, there are 10 different ways to fracture a bone.
2) Children have approximately 94 more bones than adults, because little bones fuse together to create larger bones.
3) Bone is 6 times stronger than steel.
4) The Hyoid bone (in the throat) is the only bone that is not attached to any other bone.
5) The bone that is most frequently broken is the collarbone.
6) Humans and giraffes have the same number of bones in their necks. 5 interesting facts http://hes.ucfsd.org/gclaypo/skelweb/skel01.html#what Thorough examination of system To start off, the skeletal system is considered to be all of the bones and tissues in the body such as tendons, ligaments as well as the cartilage that connects them.Skull (cranium) protects the brain and eyes, the ribs protect your heart and lungs, and the spine and back bones (vertebrae) protect your spinal cord. Tendons are tough inelastic bands that attach muscle to bone. Bones also provide the structure for muscles to attach so that our bodies are able to move.Your skeleton protects your inner organs and inner body. Your Cranium (Skull) protects your brain, while your ribs protect your lungs, and heart along with other vital organs. Without our skeletons our bodies would have no structure and we would turn into a pile of Jelly, just skin and organs. Without our bones a simple action would likely kill us without the protection of our bones, in fact we could not live without them. In the middle of bones is bone marrow, which constantly produces new cells for the blood which is very vital to our health. http://www.healthytimesblog.com/2010/12/bones-fun-facts/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d-RBe8JBV