Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Easter Island
What is the mystery
Easter Island has almost 900 stone figure that date back many centuries.
The mystery is why the stone statues exist and how they were made and moved.
The statues are 13 feet high and weigh 13 tons and are known as Moai.
Located some 2300 miles from chile's west coast and 2500 miles east of Tahiti.
Discovered in 1722 by the Dutch.
Some people say the statues represent the spirits high ranking males from the founding tribe on the island.
They represent powerful individuals from the tribe.
Easter Island also called Rapa Nui island in Pacific Ocean.
The island became a special territory of Chile in 1888.
Easter Island is famous for having 887 massive statues called moai which were sculpted and erected by the early Rapa Nui people.
When does it take place?
What is your theory?