Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marine Debris
Activity: How Long Does it Take?
What Do We Do?
Where does marine debris come from?
Wind and rain
Effects of Marine Debris
Entanglement of marine life
Ingestion by marine life
We work with seafarers, port communities and students to educate people about the marine environment
Mission: "Save Our Seas"
What is Marine Debris?
Human-created waste that has been accidentally or deliberately released into a lake, waterway or ocean
How does marine debris become marine debris?
Costs money to clean up
Can be dangerous to people
Fishing - bycatch
Top 10 Debris Items: Out of these items, what do you think people find the most of?
Rubber Band Activity
What Can You Do to Help?
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Participate in a cleanup and/or pick up trash when you see it!
Make sure your trash is properly disposed of and secured
Use reusable water bottles and bags