Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
We Need to Talk About Kevin
Transcript of We Need to Talk About Kevin
at Columbine school Kevin is sent
to Juvenille Denention until he's 19.
- Eva finds it's a better place for him.
- Where it's "it's normal" to be mad all the time.
- He connects with the others easily.
- Although, Kevin found himself : he's
a murderer. Eva Katchadourian Kevin Katchadourian - As Kevin grew up, Eva and her son
never really got along.
- She was often frustrated with her son because he'd never listen to her.
- Eva went to court after the Kevin's massacre on thursday, killing : 8 students
1 cafeteria worker
- The judge wanted to know why
he killed those people and if Eva was
ever abussive. - As Kevin grew up, he was nothing but trouble.
- He cried constantly as a baby.
- Refused to speak until 3 years old.
- Constantly screaming.
- Refused to be potty trained until 6 years old.
- Only acted out around Eva.
- He enjoyed making his mom miserable. Eventually, Eva was in need to bond
with another family member
- At 44, Eva gives birth to a baby girl, Celia
- Eva was amazed by her daughter. She's was a sweetheart.
- At 6, Celia gets into an "accident". - Eva never wanted to be a mother.
- She liked having her time for : herself, work and her husband.
- She didn't feel touched by the loveliness and cuteness of her friends' children.
- Eventually, Eva and her husband Franklin get pregnant around Eva's 30s. - Eva hated everything about pregnancy.
- After Kevin's birth, she didn't even hold him.
- She didn't cry of joy
- She had absolutely no emotion. Publication date : April 14 2003
Genre : Drama Thiller Fiction
Awards : (2005) Orange Prize for fiction
(2011) We Need to Talk About Kevin became a film - Kevin felt kind of alone in prison.
- He missed his mom.
- Kevin thought he knew why he
killed those people but he didn't.
- Near the end of the novel
he was kind of confused.
- Eva was all Kevin had left, literally. We Need to Talk About Kevin
Author : Lionel Shriver
Born May 18, 1957 in Gastonia, North CA. Why did I choose this novel ?
What did I think about this novel ? Eva's Characteristics Kevin's Characteristics "Lucky for you too ! You need us ! What would
you do without me, film a documentary on
paint drying ? What are all those folks doing but
watching me? Don't you think they'd have changed
the channel by now if all I'd done is get an A in
Geometry class ? Bloodsuckers ! I do their dirty
work for them". - Kevin (p. 355) Characters
The main characters are Eva and her son, Kevin.