Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kathleen Irwin
The Food Project
In this workshop we will investigate the notion of putting food on the table, how a quotidian and localized ritual is simultaneously a sensory and aesthetic performance, a memory play that crosses spatial / temporal / geographic borders, and a political act.
What happens when women use their cooking, feeding, or its deprivation to take revenge, kill, disseminate hatred & display authority as a private or political act?
Food / Celebration/ Torture
This embodied and time based inquiry interrogates food from an historic and political perspective.
This project exposes how women inhabit the mixed reality environments of the 21st century.
Home Cooking: Cooking Home
Women + food + distance = the sum of how humanity sustains and performs itself in place and over time.