Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Organic
$6 Billion-a-year business.
10,000 farms claim to be organic.
6,600 are certified to be organic. Nontoxic methods for farming.
beneficial insects (ladybugs) "conditions by integrating cultural, biological, and mechanical practices that foster cycling of resources, promote ecological balance, and conserve biodiversity. The National Organic Program (NOP) develops, implements, and administers national production, handling, and labeling standards." (USDA) If pesticides are used they are better for the enviorment.
& better for the humans is the long run. If the farmer dont use pesticides they use a high quality natural fertilization. (cow manure) Farmers have to keep detailed records on the methods and materials that are used in their organic farming.
Organic farms must be inspected each year by a third-party certifier. labeled by the percentage of organic ingredients that they contain.
95% organic to have an organic seal
a product that is 70% to 95% organic seal will say "made with organic ingredients"
Anyhting less than 70% organic, cannot say its organic.