Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Amazon Mechanical Turk: Getting started
Daniel Grayon 30 May 2013
Transcript of Amazon Mechanical Turk: Getting started
Turk Workforce Scalability Human Intelligence What is Amazon Mechanical Turk?
How can I use it?
What value can it help drive for my business?
How do I get started... Mechanical Turk is a marketplace to get work done.
Shift human-intensive, routine tasks from permanent/temporary/outsourcing staff to a global, scalable, on-demand Workforce. * Process data that technology cannot process alone...by combining the needed intelligence or human power + algorithmic compute power. * As Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides access to scalable computing power, Mechanical Turk provides access to scalable human power / intelligence. Scale in-line with workload, paying for what you use. * Achieve fast, accurate results without long term contracts or minimum commitments, helping to turn fixed costs into variable. Enterprises use Mechanical Turk for 2 primary use cases:
1. Data Training (i.e. quickly develop large sets of training data to help train your algorithms)
2. Data Collection (i.e. categorization, moderation, transcription, tagging/annotation, cleansing/deduping, validation, digitization, augmentation, research, survey, content authoring, translation, sentiment analysis, more). Enterprises are already shifting
human-intensive tasks to Mechanical Turk
at an unparalleled rate. Use case examples One step Innovate Getting Started... (cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr Contact me to get started, and learn about Engagement & Connectivity options, Workshop support, Best Practices, and more!
Daniel J. Gray | Principal
Amazon Mechanical Turk