Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Carboxylic acids and esters
Transcript of Carboxylic acids and esters
name ends in 'oic acid' Properties of carboxylic acid Dissociate in water:
Form sodium salts when react with NaOH eg ethanoate Naming Esters Name the alcohol first as an 'yl' group
name the carboxylic acid part second.
name ends in 'oate'
Preparation of esters Hydrolysis of esters Use dilute sulfuric acid to break down an ester. Properties of esters non-polar
commonly used as solvents, varnishes and food flavours Fats as esters