Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Sentence Construction
A Sentence has Several Parts
But Which Part Goes Where?
What is a SENTENCE?
Putting words together into an organized statement that creates meaning and makes sense.
Tells us something about the noun.
The person, place, or thing that the sentence is about.
Tells us what the noun is doing.
Action ... What is happening?
What is the noun doing?
Person ... Place ... Thing:
The SUBJECT of the sentence.
The ... A ... An ... Some ...
Now We Build Our Sentence
WHO or WHAT
the sentence is about
the subject did
Mr. Morton ...
walked down the street.
talked to his cat.
grew flowers for Pearl.
wrote Pearl a poem.
was very nervous.
Each sentence is completed when ...
knocked on her door.
sat on her porch and rocked.
climbed up his stairs.
rhymed pretty words.
... you know WHAT the subject DID
Predicate can be
Now We Build
(will sing later)