Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Anti-thrombocytopenic Effects of Durian
Transcript of Anti-thrombocytopenic Effects of Durian
Stimulus for aggregation and secretion of thrombocytes and kindles the phosphorylation of 19-kD and 47-kD platelets cystosolic proteins
-Lauque, Prevost, Carles & Chap, 1991
An anti-neoplastic drug that inhibits the DNA synthesis
-Brenner & Stevens, 2010
Was used in the induction of thrombocytopenia to rats in the study conducted by Gamulle et al.
Statement of the Problem
The hypotheses for this study are:
There is a significant increase in platelet count after the administration of lyophilized D. zibethinus in hydroxyurea-induced thrombocytopenic rats.
There is a significant difference in the increase of platelet count between water and lyophilized D. zibethinus when administered to thrombocytopenic rats.
Biological Assay on Rat Models
Is there a significant increase in platelet count after the administration of lyophilized
D. zibethinus in hydroxyurea-induced thrombocytopenic rats?
Is there a significant difference in the increase of platelet count between water and lyophilized D. zibethinus when administered to thrombocytopenic rats?
Weighing of rats
Paired T-test or dependent T-test. This was used to determine if there is a significant difference on the mean treatment that exhibits anti-thrombocytopenic effect. The level of significance must not exceed 0.05.
Scope and Limitation
High performance liquid chromatography and phytochemical screening were not performed.
1mL of water
100mg/kg of Durian extract
First blood collection
Second blood collection
In the findings of the study, it is concluded that there is a significant increase in platelet count after administration of lyophilized durian extract and water to thrombocytopenic rats and there is no significant difference in the increase of platelet count between water and lyophilized durian extract.
1. Conduct high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC) to quantitate the amount of tannin present in Durian aril .
2. Determine the histopathologic changes after administration of hydroxyurea and durian aril.
3. Use larger sample size to determine the reliability of this study
4. Use other variety of durian.
5. Direct application to people who are experiencing thrombocytopenia
6. Administer pure durian aril or isolate specific phytochemical component.
Experimental setting: Research laboratories of San Pedro College, Davao City.
Only male bred albino rats
Quantitative platelet count
Puyat variety of durian (Durio zibethinus)
Platelet values among the albino rats
Within treatments comparison
between treatments comparison