Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
There's No Home Outside
Transcript of There's No Home Outside
2. Ponyboy can sometimes not stand Steve Randal.
3. The one thing Dally does honestly is Rodeo.
4. Two-Bit's girlfriend's name is Kathy.
5. Dallas had lived in New York. An Outline of the book! Ponyboy Curtis and his brothers, Sodapop and Darry, belong to a group of poor teenage boys called greasers. Many of them have led hard lives already, and they are tough, angry and unforgiving. They often fight with the Socs, the group of wealthy, privileged boys who beat them up for fun. His oldest brother Darry takes care of the family, since their parents died in a car crash. He is very serious, works most of the time, and is very hard on Ponyboy. He often yells at him to do better in school. Soda, the middle brother, is happy most of the time, and is very handsome and likable. The other members of the gang, are Dally and Johnny. Dally is one of the oldest, and certainly the toughest. He thinks the law is a joke. Johnny is even shyer than Pony. His parents abuse him, so he always seems scared. Recently, Johnny was beat up very badly by a Soc wearing heavy rings. One night, Dally, Johnny and Pony meet two beautiful Soc girls. Cherry is smart and dreamy like Ponyboy, and they have a good conversation. On the way home, the girls' boyfriends catch them all together. It turns out that Cherry's boyfriend is Bob, the same boy who beat Johnny up. Later that night, Ponyboy comes in late and gets into such a fight with Darry that he runs to the park with Johnny just to get away from the house. Bob and his friends find Pony and Johnny there, and nearly drown Pony in a fountain. Terrified and angry, Johnny stabs Bob to death. The two boys run to find Dally, knowing he will know what to do. He gives them money and tells them to hide in a church a short distance out of town. They stay there for a few days, reading to each other and talking about poetry and sunsets. When Dallas comes to find them, they tell him they want to turn themselves in. Before they can, however, the church catches fire and several small children are trapped inside. Without thinking, the boys rescue them, and a large piece of burning wood falls on Johnny and breaks his back. Pony spends a short time in the hospital, then gets to go home. That evening there is a big fight between the greasers and the Socs, which the greasers win. One of Bob's friends does not fight, because he is sick of all the hate and anger around him. Cherry, meanwhile, has become a spy for the greasers. After the rumble, Dally and Ponyboy go to see Johnny, who dies, telling Pony never to lose his spirit. Dally is overwhelmed, and runs out of the hospital. Soon after, back at home, Darry and the others get a phone call from Dally. He has robbed a liquor store. The boys run out to find him and hide him, but the police are chasing him. He pulls out a gun. Ponyboy knows it isn't loaded, but he knows that Dally knows the police think it is. The police shoot Dally, and Pony knows Dally wanted to die. Pony faints and stays sick for nearly a week. Ponyboy is so upset by Johnny's death that for weeks he pretends to himself (and everyone else) that he himself killed Bob, and that Johnny is still alive. After the trial, however, when the judge decides that Ponyboy did nothing wrong, Pony begins to admit to himself that Dally and Johnny are both dead. He decides to write about himself for a class assignment, so he can let other people know what life for a greaser is like. He is sure that there are many boys across the country just like him. He also recognizes, finally, that Darry loves him. He sees that Darry was just being overprotective when he yelled at him. He feels that, for the first time, he and his two brothers form a family. Have You Been Paying Attention?! Can You Match Up the Character's Personalities With Their Names?! 1. Johnny
Likes to read and watch sunsets. Quiet. Thinks the law is for wimps. Obeys only one thing...rodeos! Upset about his parent's death. Takes it out on somebody he knows. His parent's abuse him, and he got jumped by Socs. He killed Bob, and ends up dying. This character has a girlfriend he is madly in love with, but she ends up leaving him. He is sweet and liked by everybody. Got it?!?!!
Here's the Answers! 1. Johnny 2. Ponyboy His parent's abuse him, and he got jumped by Socs. He killed Bob, and ends up dying. Likes to read and watch sunsets. Quiet. 3. Darry 4. Sodapop 5. Dally This character has a girlfriend he is madly in love with, but she ends up leaving him. He is sweet and liked by everybody. Thinks the law is for wimps. Obeys only one thing...rodeos! Upset about his parent's death. Takes it out on somebody he knows. You know It By Name! You Loved It Before!!! Ladies and Gentleman.....PERSONAL CONNECTIONS!! The way Dally got drunk is like somebody in my family who used to be like that.
~*Cali*~ The way that Sodapop sticks up for Ponyboy is like my sister and me. -Haven The way the gang gets along is like me and my friends. -Dakota The End!!
This Has Been A Prezi by: