Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
My planet Mars
Transcript of My planet Mars
Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun and the 2nd smallest planet in the Solar System after Mercury. It's a red planet because of the iron oxide prevalent on its surface gives it a reddish appearance.
Mars is a the 4th inner planet in our Solar System. The other 3 are Mercury,Venus, and the planet we live on Earth.Mars is a red planet.Not many things live on Mars like they the do on Earth.We live on Earth because there is food,water,oxygen,etc. but no one lives on Mars.
My Planet Mars
How it got its name
Mars got its name from the Roman Gods because of its red,bloodlike color.Other civilizations also named this planet from this attribute; for example, the Egyptians named it " Her Desher," meaning "the red one."
The History of Mars
Mars is the 4th planet from the Sun.Befitting the red planet's bloody color, the Romans named it after their God of War. The Romans copied the ancient Greeks, who also named the planet after their God of War, Ares. Mars is a fascinating planet because we never knew what it was like on Mars.
The 4 Inner Planets