Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RELIGION AND MORALITY
Transcript of RELIGION AND MORALITY
Understand the meanings of religion and morality
Investigate the link between religion and morality
OBJECTIVES: ACTIVITY DEFINITION OF MORALITY ACTIVITY Understand the meanings of religion and morality
Investigate the link between religion and morality With a partner try and come up with a better definition of the 'word' religion.
Be prepared to share it with the rest of the class Morality refers to personal decisions about what is right and wrong behaviour, and following those decisions in everyday life. How do you make moral decisions?
What influences your moral decision-making?
Use the snake tool to show what influences you most. DEFINITION OF RELIGION "The belief in a superhuman controlling power, especially in a personal God or gods entitled to obedience and worship...
...a particular system of faith and worship ACTIVITY:
Discuss and complete the Damaris worksheet in groups of 4 HOMEWORK:
1. Make a note of the Key Words on page 9 and learn them
2. Complete Activities 2, 3 and 4 on page 9 Meta Starters (c) Paul Bytheway, 2007
What do you want to learn today?
What skills do you have that could be useful this lesson?
What might hinder your thinking?
When have you had to think like this before?
What have you learnt that is similar?
What do you already know
that might be useful?
What are the signposts to your learning?
(must, should, could)