Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cyber Security
The Target: Us
Drive-By Downloads -
(Viruses and Malware)
Physical Plant - Pilot Project
Drive-by downloads may happen when visiting a website, viewing an e-mail message or by clicking on a deceptive pop-up window:
What can we do to help?
Pilot Project for Physical Plant
Why can't we block these bad messages?
ASU receives millions of emails per day
Our mail filters throw away over 85%
Changing filters to "catch more" runs the risk of throwing legitimate emails away.
Why do we receive phishing messages?
Phishing is a form of social engineering that attempts to steal sensitive information.
An attacker’s goal is to compromise users to obtain usernames, passwords, and other account and/or financial data.
What can I do about phishing attempts?
1. Never open attachments or links in unsolicited emails.
2. In general, be suspicious of all emails containing links. If you get an email with a link for you to click, do not click it.
3. Do not respond to suspicious emails in any manner.
4. If you're suspicious, call us: 6266
Clicking on Bad Advertisements...
FBI/ DOJ Virus
Fake Antivirus Pop-Up
Changing computers to Standard User Accounts.
Changing security settings on computers.
Software updates to Java.
Use of uDesk (virtual desktop) for web browsing.
Computing Workshops for PP Areas
Sometimes they're sneaky...
We swap stories, chat with friends, share pictures, read the news and interact with each other online
We buy, sell and trade online
We bank online
Computers have the data, we have the access -- and access is the goal
A Sample Phish
How Can I Tell?
The "From:" might be strange
Try to scare you with phrases like "validate your account", "over quota" or "out of space"
A link that doesn't go to appstate.edu