Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Magical Realism
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."
~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez
(non-escapist) literary genre originating in Latin America that seamlessly juxtaposes the magical with the mundane
Fairy tale introduction both entices and invites reader to view the world through the eyes of a child again.
NO evocation of a fantasy world
Instead, we begin to wonder about OUR world anew
Exaggeration of mundane details forces readers to reconsider what is "normal"
Aggrandizing an ordinary person or event into a mythological or fabulous one
Phenomenon are explained without regard for scientific or mathematical logic
The past is ever-present and the future has already happened; anachronisms abound
Nobel Prize in Literature (1982)
magic VS reality
"Fiction was invented the day Jonah arrived home and told his wife that he was three days late because he had been swallowed by a whale" ~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez.