Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Split Quotations
Steps Step 1 Identify the two quotes and the speaker. "Today is such a nice day," said Mark, "Let's go to the park." Not Split Quotes Brian asked, "Should we order pizza for dinner tonight?" Example:
please talk quietly said my mom your little brother is sleeping. Step 2 Start the first quote with a capital letter and end with a comma. Example:
Please talk quietly, said my mom your little brother is sleeping. Step 3 Add a comma after the speaker to separate the speaker from the second quote, and start the second quote with a capital letter. Example:
Please talk quietly, said my mom, Your little brother is sleeping. Step 4 Enclose/Add quotation marks to both quotes. Example:
"Please talk quietly," said my mom, "Your little brother is sleeping." Step 5 Check your sentence for mistakes and make necessary corrections.