Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Poetry
Figurative Language is what poets use in poetry to make the poems come alive!
Example: Dan was a cheetah full of speed.
[Is Dan really a cheetah or does it mean he is really fast?]
A metaphor is
"like" or "as."
A simile is when you
"like" or "as."
Example: Snow White's skin was white as snow.
[Is her skin really white snow or is she really fair?]
Personification is when you give
to things that are
Example: The stars danced playfully in the moonlit sky!
[Can stars dance?! What does this mean?]
Hyperbole (Hi-Per-Bow-Lee) is an
Example: I was in class forever!
[Were you really in class FOREVER?]
A word that
Poetry is a genre of literature that uses figurative language, graphic elements, and usually rhymes.
1. "I reached my arm way back in Arkansas some where and punched!"
2. Croaking like a bullfrog that had been caught by a water moccasin, he stared going around.
3. The bright shiny star on his vest looked as big as a bucket.
4. I could see him aiming his big, black gun at me.
Ex. The glass went CRACK as the baseball
slammed into its surface.
Alliteration is the
repetition of letter sounds
in two or more neighboring words or syllables.
5. A bird started chirping.
6. The lawns were neat and clean and looked like green carpets..