Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Elements of Rhetoric
Transcript of Elements of Rhetoric
In the most basic of terms, a rhetorical situation comes into existence when people talk about something.
Just as every conversation you have fits into some greater context, so rhetorical situations exist within particular contexts. Some important kinds of context:
Political Economic Social Cultural Historical
Macklemore fans; rap listeners; Washington voters
This could be a small something...
...or a very big something.
Whatever it is that people are talking about -- whether an event, a person, a policy, a social issue,
or whatever it might be -- every rhetorical situation has three essential components.
2012 referendum regarding a bill that would legalize same sex marriage in the state of Washington
Message, Medium, and Genre
- raise support for the referendum;
change people's perspectives on homosexual relationships
- a civil rights issue; same love
- rap song
- sympathy, catchy tune, moved to vote?