Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Short story writing
Transcript of Short story writing
Your last writing folio journey for this term
You will prepare a
short story that draws on intertextual references (allusions). (500-800 words)
Short Story Structure
Your story will include an appropriate short story structure and address the elements we explored in last class.
Make sure that you have planned and have an intention (aim) before you start writing
Statement of Intention
You may use subheadings.
Cover all key creative decisions, such as:
- intertextual link
- language choices
- plot points
- Make sure you have covered all aspects of the task (double check the RT sheet and criteria)
- Ensure your ideas are organised in paragraphs
- Check your punctuation, grammar and spelling
You will also include a statement of intention that explains your creative decisions.
Your story will include
one thematic connection to
The Hunger Games
Theseus and the Minotaur
The House of Asterion
e.g. Hero, dystopia, labyrinth, persistence, etc.
You will also include
two allusions to other texts of your choice
These intertextual references can be made through similar symbols, settings, characters, plot lines, narrative structure.
Think about how you can use intertextual references to carry the same messages from other texts, or to add new understandings to the texts you are referring to.
Where? When? What mood or atmosphere?
What weather or social conditions? Dystopia?
Make sure you have an orientation, rising action, climax, falling action and denouement.
Separate these into paragraphs.
Point of view
Use the short story elements sheet to consider your short story structure and remember to include the intertextual references.
Hand it in and appreciate your good work.
Keep it simple,
it's not a novel