Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Retailing Business: Purchasing
Transcript of Retailing Business: Purchasing
a. perishale products such as milk can expire. This "shrinkage" is normally recorded under Cost of Goods Sold on a business 's income statement.
b. There may not be enough physical space to house certain faster selling products. You can check your sales and shrinkage for each product you sell by clicking on the Product button. Definitions:
1.Inventory: total amount of goods a business has.(stock)
2. Purchasing policy: Policy specifying the amount to purchase of a product and when to purchase it.
3. Just-in-Time Inventory: A system, usually computerized, that links store to supliers so that new inventory can be purchased automatically as sales are made.
4. Reorder Point: A number that indicates that new product should be purchased when inventory falls below a certain level.
5. Shrinkage: The money a business loses due to broken, damage, expired, or stolen inventory. Product is one of the four P's of marketing.In a retail environment, your main control of "product" is through what your purchase. In addition to financial reports, most businesses have product-reporting systems that can tell them sales and shrinkage for each product they sell.