Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The History of Hair Braiding
Transcript of The History of Hair Braiding
in ancient African Tribes different types of hair braiding should a person's identity
it could show marriage status, the wealth of that person and what tribe they were in Origins of Hair Braiding Hair Braiding was used for ceremonial rituals
examples are weddings and religious ceremonies Ancient Egyptian Hair Braiding Ancient American Hair Braiding Native Americans used braiding similar to the African Tribes
they showed status and identity In renaissance and medieval times, different types of hair braiding showed a woman's status
upper class women wore very intricate braids
common women would have much more simple braids to keep their hair out of their faces as they worked European use for Hair Braiding Different Types of Braids French Braids English Braids Dutch Braids Swiss Braids Multi-strand Braids Crown Braids Fishtail Braids