Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Marshall Court Cases Chart
Transcript of Marshall Court Cases Chart
1. Marbury v. Madison (1803)
The case that set the precedent of judicial review.
2. Fletcher v. Peck (1810)
The case that declared the Supreme Court's power to void state laws.
3. Martin v. Hunter's Lesse (1816)
The case that gave to Court the power to review decisions by state courts.
4. McCulloch v. Maryland (1819)
The case that established the constitutionality of the second Bank of the United States and denied to state the right to exert independent checks on federal authority.
5. Dartmouth v. Woodward (1819)
The case that the Court promoted business growth by denying states the right to alter or impair contracts unilaterally.
6. Johnson v. McIntosh (1823)
The case the Court established that the federal government had "the sole right" of negotiation with the Native American nations and that NA did not have the right to sell property to individuals.
7. Gibbons v. Ogden (1824)
The case the Court broadened federal power over interstate commerce.
8. Worcester v. Georgia (1832)
The most famous and important tribal case; it laid out the relationship between tribes and the state and federal governments and built the foundation for tribal sovereignty in the U.S.
9. Cherokee Nation v. Georgia (1832)
The case that abolished tribal legislation and courts in Georgia.